AMI Project in FESCO
KBK Electronics successfully executed FESCO’s first ever consumer level AMI project in record time of 9 months. Scope of project was supply installation and commissioning of remote metering infrastructure based on hybrid system (RF & GSM). These meters were installed in two different sub-division of FESCO i.e. Madina Town and Tandlianwala. Madina town is an urban area whereas Tandlianwala is a rural site. Field devices supplied under this project included.
- 8260 Nos. Static Single-Phase RF Enabled Energy Meters
- 821 Nos. Static Three Phase Whole Current GSM/GPRS Energy Meters
- 223 Nos. LT Type CT Operated GSM/GPRS Energy Meters
- 5 Nos. Hand Held Units for RF Communication
- Allied Material including Current transformers, Anti-Theft Box, Two-core and Four-core Aluminium cables
Achievements & Insights
We also established a data center for FESCO under this project at FESCO’s headquarter in Abdullahpur Faisalabad. It included supply installation and commissioning of IT hardware, MDC system, and end user reporting interface. MDC system supplied by KBK Electronics supports failover system for both hardware and software. MDC system also included
- Telco services including supply of M2M SIMs for each GSM/GRPS energy meter for a period of 36 months
- ISP services for FESCO data center for a period of 36 months
Upon successful commissioning of data center, KBK’s MDC system was integrated with FESCO’s billing system which has reduced utility’s billing cycle, eliminated erroneous & false readings, and reduced required man power.
A comprehensive practical training session regarding operation of field devices and MDC system was conducted in which more than 50 officials from FESCO including top management tier and field staff participated and showed their gratification over the system and appreciated KBK’s efforts to the meet critical timelines.
Entire system has a warranty period of 36 months including O&M services and support. The system is up and running since its installation/acceptance and there is no major issue faced up till now.